Saturday, October 27, 2007

Behind our house---we kayak!


This is the view from the kayak that Zev and I were paddling around in. As you can see, the lake is very close to our house AND I can tell you that 911 responds very quickly when called about a possible drowning. Luckily, it was just a scare that we encountered when we couldn't locate Skye for a few minutes. He was walking along the shore but we couldn't see him. Phew, after my heart started back up, we all had a very serious conversation about the water. I can tell you, I never want to experience that feeling again. A lesson for us for sure.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow! What an awesome location you're in!

I must say, my heart sank also to imagine how you felt when Skye was missing. Yikes! Time for swimming lessons ;-)

Hugs to all.

Aunt Deb